Baghdad : At least 24 people were killed in an attack by the Islamic State militant group in the Iraqi city of Mosul on Saturday.
The news comes a day after IS militants launched an attack using two car bombs on Kanaos village in the south of Qayyarah, killing two soldiers and injuring 29 others, Press TV reported.
Also Read : BSF guns down intruder from Pakistan in Punjab
Iraqi forces recaptured Qayyarah, which lies on the western bank of Tigris river, some 60 kilometres south of Mosul, from IS late in August.
Iraqi media reported on Saturday that fierce clashes were underway between Iraqi security forces and the IS near Mosul’s airport.
Also Read : People visit Big Bazaar for cash withdrawal
Iraq’s Almada Press website reported that Iraqi forces thwarted an IS assault on the Aden district, east of Mosul, killing 13 terrorists, including the senior commander, Talaat Ahmed Fathi aka Abu Mohammed al-Iraqi.
Also Read :
- Cash flood: ICICI, HDFC Bank cut FD rates by 0.25%
- Govt rejects demand for PM’s reply on demonetisation debate
- US presidency under Trump to boost strategic ties with India
- Overeating? Your brain cells may signal ‘stop eating’
- UNBELIEVABLE: You may never drink Coke again after reading this!
- 5 of the most haunted places in the world, one is alwar India
- 10 Ways To Burn That Fat Away While You Sleep
- Paracetamol ‘not clinically effective’ in treating joint pain