Paris : French President Francois Hollande on Tuesday appointed Bernard Cazeneuve, the former Interior Minister, as the new Prime Minister, replacing Manuel Valls, media reported.
The Elysee Palace’s announcement of Cazeneuve’s appointment came minutes after Valls left the President’s office where he handed in his resignation to Hollande, Efe news agency reported.
“Manuel Valls has resigned and the President has appointed Bernard Cazeneuve as the new Prime Minister,” a spokeswoman for the Elysee said.
Also Read :
- Cash flood: ICICI, HDFC Bank cut FD rates by 0.25%
- Govt rejects demand for PM’s reply on demonetisation debate
- US presidency under Trump to boost strategic ties with India
- Overeating? Your brain cells may signal ‘stop eating’
- UNBELIEVABLE: You may never drink Coke again after reading this!
- 5 of the most haunted places in the world, one is alwar India
- 10 Ways To Burn That Fat Away While You Sleep
- Paracetamol ‘not clinically effective’ in treating joint pain