New Delhi: Amid criticism of his foreign tours during polls, Rahul Gandhi is unlikely to travel to China on a visit that was expected to take place next week.
Gandhi, the Congress vice president, was to lead a party delegation on a week-long visit to Beijing reportedly from January 15 at the invitation of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) as part of the regular party-to-party exchanges between the two countries.
AICC had for the past one week not denied reports of the delegation visiting China.
“We cannot confirm about the visit, so how can we confirm about the deferment,” said a party leader when asked about Rahul’s plans to travel to China next week.
Also Read : Sebi asks Tata about Cyrus Mistry’s claims
Rahul has just returned from a week-long foreign vacation, for which he was criticised as five states are going to the polls.
Also Read :
- Politicians can’t seek votes in name of caste, creed or religion
- Goa : Can contest alone in 37 of 40 seats in 2017 polls, says BJP
- Govt drops 4-year-jail term for holding more than 10 scrapped notes
- Cash flood: ICICI, HDFC Bank cut FD rates by 0.25%
- Govt rejects demand for PM’s reply on demonetisation debate
- US presidency under Trump to boost strategic ties with India
- Overeating? Your brain cells may signal ‘stop eating’
- UNBELIEVABLE: You may never drink Coke again after reading this!
- 5 of the most haunted places in the world, one is alwar India
- 10 Ways To Burn That Fat Away While You Sleep
- Paracetamol ‘not clinically effective’ in treating joint pain