New Delhi: Regulator Sebi has sought detailed explanations from some listed Tata firms on alleged violations of corporate governance and insider trading norms flagged by ousted directors Cyrus Mistry and Nusli Wadia.
The fresh queries have been raised by the capital markets watchdog following receipt of letters from Mr Mistry, who was ousted as chairman of over $100 billion conglomerate, as also from Mr Wadia who has also been removed as independent director from various Tata firms.
The regulator has asked some listed Tata firms to provide specific details and explanation on allegations levelled by Mr Mistry and Mr Wadia, even as an ongoing scrutiny is underway which was initiated soon after a bitter boardroom battle broke out at the conglomerate following ouster of former chairman, a senior official said.
However, the ongoing scrutiny, including of the details submitted by various listed Tata companies in reply to clarifications sought through stock exchanges, has not shown so far any serious violation of prescribed listing rules, he said, while adding it is yet to be completed and nothing can be said conclusively about the outcome at the moment.
Incidentally, Sebi last week came out with a detailed guidance note for evaluation of boards of listed companies including the role of independent directors in order to provide more clarity for stakeholders.
While Sebi did not mention any particular instance or company, it said the guidance note has been prepared to “guide listed entities by elaborating various aspects of board evaluation that may help them to improve the evaluation process, derive the best possible benefit and achieve the objective of the entire process”.
Also Read :
- Cash flood: ICICI, HDFC Bank cut FD rates by 0.25%
- Govt rejects demand for PM’s reply on demonetisation debate
- US presidency under Trump to boost strategic ties with India
- Overeating? Your brain cells may signal ‘stop eating’
- UNBELIEVABLE: You may never drink Coke again after reading this!
- 5 of the most haunted places in the world, one is alwar India
- 10 Ways To Burn That Fat Away While You Sleep
- Paracetamol ‘not clinically effective’ in treating joint pain